What is Porcelain Dental Veneer?
Porcelain dental veneer, as the name suggests, can be defined as shells produced from porcelain and adhered to the visible surfaces of the teeth. It is a product that responds to the needs of people whose teeth are disrupted for different reasons.
It is a suitable treatment option for the following
- People whose teeth are worn
- People with gaps between their teeth
- Person with misaligned teeth
- People whose teeth are partially fractured by external impact
- People who lose the natural colour of their teeth due to smoking or other dental disorders
- Ordinary dental veneers have an average life of 5 years or slightly longer. The lifetime of porcelain dental veneers is 20 years or even longer if there is no extra condition. Therefore, it can be said that porcelain veneers are for a lifetime.
- For many years you can use dental veneers that ensure the excellent appearance of your teeth and you will never have to deal with dental treatment again.
Perfect smiles with Porcelain Veneer
When you want to have dental veneers, you will find that you are offered many options. Each of these options has its own advantages. But the most sensible choice is porcelain dental veneers.
Porcelain dental veneers, which are most recommended by experts, have also become the most preferred option by patients. In the studies conducted on the patients, it has been determined that porcelain dental veneers meet the expectations at the highest level.
With porcelain dental veneers, you can have perfect teeth and have the opportunity to have a perfect smile.
How Are Porcelain Dental Veneers Performed?
In the first examination, the general condition of the teeth is examined by the physician and it is checked whether the teeth are suitable for dental veneering.
If the patient’s teeth are found as suitable for veneering during the consultation, the treatment process is initiated. In a second appointment, the external part of the patient’s tooth is removed. Since this procedure may be a bit painful, local anaesthesia is applied to the patient.
Making a Mould
After the outer part of the tooth is removed, moulds are produced to prepare the veneers to be used by the physician. These moulds are carefully measured and thus fully matched to the teeth. The moulds are sent to a laboratory.
After the prepared veneers arrive, the process of attaching them to the teeth starts. Dental cement is used in this process and the veneers are bonded to the tooth at the connection point. If deemed necessary during this procedure, it may be necessary to cut some part of the teeth.
Porcelain dental veneering procedure is generally as described above. This procedure takes 2-3 hours in total. This period includes all examinations. However, it should be kept in mind that it is necessary to wait between 1-3 weeks for the preparation of the moulds.